Wait, what? Yeah.
Apparently the Internet now provides more services than just your typical eHarmony or Match.com. Now for the friendless, you can rent-a-friend! RentAFriend.com is barely six months old, but it already has over 200,000 members and provides friend-ly services ranging from $10 to $150.
Not sure what to rent a friend for? RentAFriend.com gives you plenty of suggestions:
● People who travel to a new city can hire a local to show them around town.
● Someone might want to see a movie or go out to a restaurant but don’t have anyone to go with.
● Many Friends on RentAFriend.com have unique talents and skills. They can teach you a new language, tutor you share a new hobby, art, dance, and much more.
● People who travel often for business that are looking to find local Friends to go out to dinner with, go to the bar with, or watch a sports game with.
● People who have an extra ticket to a sporting event or concert and don’t want to go alone.
● Someone may want a workout partner for the gym. Renting a Friend to help motivate and spot you during your workout.
● Just looking for someone to give you personal advice. There are lots of people who just want to get real advice about a situation and it’s always great to get an outsiders point of view.
And if you just scroll down the home page, you’ll see that it’s really popular to hire Friends as Prom Dates and as Wingmen/Wingwomen.
So let me just get this straight. There’s 200,000 people out there who would pay another person to do regular stuff with them? Go figure.