The first date creates quite the impression but it is also one of those types of meetings that we all dread. It is important to score 10/10 on that special meeting, but of course, I suppose that is easier said than done. Though, here are just some tips to guide you through, if you really want to score high in your possible partner’s memory.
Written by Carrie Gravenson, she compiles a list of tips to guide you through on your date, according to her own personal experiences.
1. Don’t over think it : “A little perspective goes a long way,” she says. Keep the dialogue flowing and uncomplicated - otherwise the significant other might just think your a lunatic!
2. Don’t use a cheesy pick-up line : Cheesy Pick up lines are too old school. Now that it is the 21st century, try just pulling off that calm, charismatic persona and not those men who are only looking for a one night stand!
3. Start with your surroundings : Don’t think about talking about your life story cause more than likely, your possible partner might just be bored to death! Serious and personal issues should definitely be avoided. Perhaps just start by creating a conversation about the decor or scenary ie, “It’s a beautiful night isn’t it?”
4. Don’t neg : A big no, no is undermining your possible partner. Negging is a prime example to avoid at all cost!
5. Be Playful : Be creative with your conversations. People like to be entertained but keep it subtle and approachable.
For more in depth tips, chick Carrie’s tips here!